Any content downloaded comes with a standard license that lets you use it in a wide variety of projects including advertising, websites, blogs, presentations, publications, video productions, podcasts and more.
All files are licensed on a royalty-free basis, which means you only pay for the initial download of a file and don't have to pay a royalty each time you use it.
You may use content in any way that is not restricted (see below). Subject to those restrictions and the rest of the terms of this agreement, the rights granted to you by Ant Creations are:
- Perpetual, meaning there is no expiration or end date on your rights to use the content.
- Non-exclusive, meaning that you do not have exclusive rights to use the content. Ant Creations can licence the same content to other customers.
- Unlimited, meaning you can use the content in an unlimited number of projects and in any media.
Examples of how you can use licensed content include: websites; blog posts; social media; advertisements; marketing campaigns; corporate presentations; newspapers; magazines; books; film and television productions; web and mobile applications; product packaging.
- You may not use content in a pornographic, defamatory or other unlawful manner.
- You may not use content in any way that allows others to download, extract, or redistribute content as a standalone file (meaning just the content file itself, separate from the project or end use).
- You may not use content as part of a trademark, design mark, tradename, business name, service mark, or logo.
- No False Representation of Authorship. You may not falsely represent that you are the original creator of a work that is made up largely of licensed content. For instance, you cannot create a painting based solely licensed content and claim that you are the author.
Restricted Uses - (unless extended license purchased)
- Unless you purchase an extended license, you may not use content in connection with any goods or services intended for resale or distribution where the primary value lies in the content itself including, without limitation, cards, stationery items, paper products, calendars, apparel items, posters (printed on paper, canvas, or any other media), CDs, DVDs, mobile applications or other items for resale, license or other distribution for profit. This includes "on demand" products (meaning products in which content is selected by a third party for customization on such product on a made-to-order basis), including, without limitation, postcards, mugs, t-shirts, posters and other items (this includes the sale of products through custom designed websites, as well as sites such as zazzle.com and cafepress.com)
- No Electronic Templates. Unless you purchase an extended license, you may not use content in electronic or digital templates intended for resale or other distribution (for example, website templates, business card templates, electronic greeting card templates, brochure design templates).
If you need to use an illustration in ways not covered under the standard licence, you can buy an extended licence that give you additional rights including:
- Unlimited reproduction/print run
- Multiple users can use the file
- Create products for resale (including print on demand products and electronic templates)
Please contact to discuss your specific requirements and costs.
No matter what licence you buy, you can never use any content for the following uses:
- Use in any logo or trademark
- Pornographic, obscene or libelous works
Who can use the licensed content?
The rights granted to you are non-transferable and non-sublicensable, meaning that you cannot transfer or sublicense them to anyone else. There are two exceptions:
- Employer or client. If you are purchasing on behalf of your employer or client, then your employer or client can use the content. In that case, you represent and warrant that you have full legal authority to bind your employer or client to the terms of this agreement. If you do not have that authority, then your employer or client may not use the content.
- Subcontractors. You may allow subcontractors (for example, your printer or mailing house) or distributors to use content in any production or distribution process related to your final project or end use. These subcontractors and distributors may not use the content for any other purpose.
Intellectual property rights
Who owns the content? All of the licensed content is owned by Nathan Shelton of Ant Creations.
Attribution - If you are using content for editorial purposes, you must include the following credit adjacent to the content or in audio/visual production credits: "Nathan Shelton - Ant Creations"
Limitation of Liability
ANT CREATIONS WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR OTHER SIMILAR DAMAGES, COSTS OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT.